Monday, February 20, 2006

After the flood


My Brooklyn apartment was flooded a few weeks ago. Apparently it was quite something - water gushing down through the ceiling at 3AM from a broken pipe in the apartment upstairs. I was away traveling for work that night.

My brand new hardwood floors quickly started to warp, developing the gently rolling topography of a Cambodian mine field. After 4 weeks of yelling, cajoling and whining on the phone, I finally got someone from the building's insurance agency to take responsibility.

At this rate, repairs are sure to start sometime in Spring 2079. Luckily robot workers will be cheap and plentiful then so I expect the work to take no time at all!

In the meantime they ripped up the floor in the entrance and replaced it with plywood so I can open my front door without splintering the floorboards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home