Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Beijing


I'm in Beijing for a research project. We're visiting people in their homes and asking them about their media behavior and receptivity to commercial messages. It's important, important work. I hope to win the Nobel Prize for Most Inane Job Imaginable.

On the airplane I read the English-language newspaper I call the Everything's Terrific Daily (it's actually called China Daily, but my title is certainly more accurate.) The front page article was about the pollution in Beijing and quoted an official as saying "Beijing is taking great steps in improving the air quality and the situation is getting better and better!" The article then went on to state that the number of "blue sky days" has increased significantly this year.

I took this photo from my hotel room. It was around 6PM. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home