Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The End



One of the less pleasant parts of preparing to move abroad was writing a will.

I'm in my early-thirties, single and I never really owned anything of value - so it's never something I thought about. But since I'm both a new homeowner and moving to country that's brought the world SARS and the Avian Flu, I thought it would be useful to do some estate planning.

I used an online legal service. It seemed pretty reputable, but I guess I won't know until I die.

The one fun part of writing a will is specifying burial instructions. I thought about writing something high-larious like: "I wish to be ground into a nutrient rich paste and fed to rabid chimps while the surviving members of Devo play Amazing Grace."

Somehow I restrained myself from being a total smart-ass in my afterlife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home