Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back in Shanghai


I haven’t posted for awhile. I travelled quite a bit recently – Chicago, New York, Guangzhou and then next week I'm back to Guangzhou, Hong Kong and then Taipei. I’m leading an internal company training course. I’m not much of a teacher. I don’t like standing up for that long.

Juan and I are going to Japan for Christmas. To here and here and here and then staying here on New Year's Eve in Tokyo. Everyone assures me it will be really, really cold.

We’re staying in a traditional ryokan for part of the trip. Considering the price per night, I hope to bring back stories of mink pajamas, diamond-encrusted toilets and a milk-and-honey koi pond.

I visited Todd when he lived in Japan over 10 years ago. My vague memories include the tanuki den, “electric” bath and visiting Osaka’s own Harvard Club. Good times. I hope the tanuki haven’t turned feral.

The photo is from the coffee shop at the Shanghai Hongqiao airport last week. It was early and I was really tired and burnt out. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember missing your flight home from Nagoya because you forgot to check what day it was? If not, I may be able to refresh your recollection with candid photos of you on the phone with the airline. They're part of the Collage of Pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home