Friday, November 03, 2006

Path of construction




They’ve started the façade work on the houses in my alley and the entire place is caged in bamboo like some kind of Vietcong POW camp. My landlord sent me an SMS to tell me that this Saturday the workers will be “ripping off my roof tiles.” That sounds peaceful.

When it’s finished it will look like the bottom photo. I don’t like it. Much too garishly red “Storytime Village” for me. I think the bricks are only painted on.

I’ll post a photo after it’s done. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no!!!! why????

I miss you. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake bricks are all the rage in Colorado! The excuse I hear from developers is that all of our raw materials are being bought up by Chinese capitalists... I guess your contractor didn't get the memo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home