Monday, March 12, 2007

Thank you for waiting


Okay, I’m back.

I know it’s been well over a month since I posted here. During my absence a few things happened:

Chinese New Year
It’s like a Chinese version of Christmas with cash instead of presents, pork instead of Santa, and two weeks of ear-shattering fireworks instead of two months of soulless seasonal Muzak.

Juan and Quentin’s birthday party
Lots of people came and drank our booze. We had chocolates with Juan’s face printed on them. Julu hid in the closet.

Travel
Malaysia for Spring Festival (Chinese New Year); then some work trips to Guangzhou and Hong Kong.

Work
After some hand-wringing and self indulgent “what am I meant to do with my life?” soul-searching, I’ve decided to switch jobs. I’ll still be in Shanghai, but without the weekly trips to my favorite South China ‘berg. I hope I never see the Hongqiao airport at 5:45AM ever again.


The photo is the view from Juan’s balcony. The fireworks are to celebrate the last night of the Spring Festival. The brightly-lit building on the left is the post office. There's a stamp museum there.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home