Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flightmare


I've made up a new word - "flightmare." Clever, right?

Use it in a sentence like "The plane was delayed on the tarmac for 3 hours and a baby threw up on me. It was a flightmare."

My most recent flightmare happened Saturday on my trip between Shanghai and Amsterdam. It was a KLM flight on a 747 recently arrived from the Stone Age. No personal entertainment center. My light didn't work. The plane was so old the armrests still had ashtrays.

It was oversold and completely packed in that dismal 3-4-3 configuration. Luckily I had an aisle seat. Unluckily my aisle seat was right next to the bathroom. 11 hours.

No delays however. I made it to Amsterdam without a hitch. Here's a photo of the airplane that brought me to Prague. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious!

I'm so stealing, "flightmare"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home