Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Drumroll please

I was in Taipei last week for work. I didn’t see much except the inside of the office and the freeway on the never-ending drive to/from the airport. That said, the weather was almost perfect – warm and breezy. It’s a nice time of year to visit Taiwan “Province” if you’re in the neighborhood.

Taipei was having a city election during my visit, so when I took this photo you could hear partisans banging drums and yelling into loudspeakers. The drumming and yelling continued all day, providing a droning syncopated rhythm to my presentation.

In unrelated news, today I’m announcing the withdrawal of my support for Taiwan’s DPP.

Here’s the view from my office. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, the swastika on the building is red, backwards and a Buddhist symbol for prosperity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home