Friday, August 31, 2007

Market visit




Some final photos from my Weifang market visit. I tried to find something a bit more scenic, but honestly not much to see in Weifang as it, like most Chinese cities I visited, has a relentless aesthetic sameness. Expansive boulevards and rows of apartment developments in an ever expanding urban planning nightmare.

Instead I'm including some photos from our store checks. The first is the scene outside the supermarket, the rest are interiors. For store checks we go in and photograph our client's products along with the competitors' stuff, check out the in-store promotions and chat with the staff about business, what shoppers are asking for, average spend per customer, etc.

I'm glad I majored in film and art history in college. Really coming in handy.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Hey Karl
As a fellow blogger (www.manabouttheworld.blogspot.com) I enjoy reading your blog. I can't remember which one of our mutual friends put me onto it. Your approach of higher frequency, but lighter volume is definitely superior. Donkey soup. Ewwwwww. But I quite liked the fried scorpions when I was in China. The rest of the bug foods were just gross.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Karl. I was giving up after the long dry spell. Can you email me your email address so I can catch you up on things here in NYC / Woodstock/dogville? Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home