Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Onward


I’m leaving my job at the end of this week. My company asked me to move to Guangzhou to be closer to our client's office. Despite the city’s many delights (spicy food, smog, motorcycle thieves who cut off your fingers with lawn shearers,) I said no.

Luckily advertising professionals are a fungible resource (like cotton or oil or pork bellies!), so I was able to find another, largely similar job at a competitive agency here in Shanghai. The new job won’t involve as much travel. This is a great relief after almost 3 years of watching my youth fade in antiseptic airport lounges and charmless corporate hotels.

The upside of the new job is the free time before the new job. I’m going to Beijing this Sunday to take an intensive Mandarin language course for an entire month. I’ll have the same mobile phone number and personal email. I’ll try to update my progress here.

Here’s a powerfully inspirational photo Todd took of me during his visit to Shanghai. I’d like to imagine I’m leading the proletariat to victory over the capitalist running dogs – but the glass of champagne in the foreground kinda ruins the visual integrity.

Anyway, more soon.


2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My questions: expat package that includes flying your friends over from the US?

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chairman reincarnate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home