Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm here

 

I arrived in Shanghai late Saturday night thanks to a delayed flight in Beijing (see: Mutiny, Hainan.) The office manager Jenny met me at the airport and got me checked into my temporary apartment.

The accommodations are spartan, but clean. It's a small two bedroom with a view, like everything in Shanghai, of some sort of mega-construction project (see attached photo.) And if anyone needs to be reminded of the incredible pace of development here -- the workers started jackhammering. At 6:00 AM. On a Sunday.

It rained yesterday so I didn't do much walking around. Luckily there's a mall down the street with a food court AND a Starbucks. I ate some lunch, looked around a bit and then headed home to unpack.

More later. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home