Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kuala Lumpur





After visiting Juan’s family in Teluk Intan we spent a few days in Kuala Lumpur.

It’s a pleasant city. Relatively clean, seemingly sedate and well air-conditioned. It’s an interesting mix of peoples, languages and cultures – Malay Muslims, Chinese and Indians.

Most importantly super-lux real estate is cheap, cheap, CHEAP (compared to NYC and Shanghai, at least.) I’m putting it on my list of places to live when I finally goes nuts and drop out of society.

The Petronas Towers are the tallest twin towers in the world – quite remarkable and less gaudy than I imagined. We visited the observation deck in the bridge that spans the two towers on the 48th floor. Unfortunately it was raining so, unless you like photos of clouds and mist, there’s not much to show.

We had several nice meals. Went to the National Mosque and Museum of Islamic Art (second photo.) Met up with some of Juan’s friends. Sat by the pool.

The first photo was taken from the rooftop restaurant at the Trader's Hotel. It's got the perfect view.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I for one am glad you're posting again. I didn't want to be all like "Karl, why aren't you posting," 1) because it's not like it's your job to keep this blog, and 2) it would seem pathetic for everyone involved if I was like begging for posts. That being said, I'm looking forward to the next post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home