Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bushed


I try to stay away from political discussions. I find they typically devolve into jingoistic platitudes (from the right) or whiny, breathless indignance (from the left.)

But there was a quote in the NY Times today that made me fear for our collective existance. Yesterday the President spoke in defense of Donald Rumsfeld:

"I'm the decider and I decide what's best," Mr. Bush told reporters in the Rose Garden as he announced several White House staff changes. "And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

It comes to this: "I'm the decider and I decide what's best."

Beyond the completely retarded logic, The President of the United States now sounds like a bossy 7-year-old girl.

"I'm the decider and I decide what's best," Susie Johnson, 7, told reporters in her bedroom decorated with posters of princesses and unicorns. "And what's best is that we play pretty dolly dress-up."

Wake me when it's over.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it doesn't even faze me anymore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home